Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Welcome home

I have had several requests to bring back my open blog about daily life in North Africa. So, here you go. Right now, I am in language school and I just joined a gym. I don’t have too many pictures yet. I promise to work on that! These are some pictures of my new home. Enjoy


This is the wall of the old city and a man in traditional dress


This is part of an old fort at the edge of the city

I love the fishing boats


This is a huge tower in my neighborhood



This billboard makes me laugh


This house is totally out of place in my city



Things you don't see in NM


Cats are everywhere here. They're gross

People take their TV seriously here

I spent a day at a beach in a nearby city with some friends. We didn't know
what to think of this guy... so we took pictures!


This picture is of a dead crab. The kids at the beach made me
promise to take its picture

My city... and more boats!!



This guy is bringing my desk home from the medina

5 comments:

rindy said...

Look at you in your pink! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

sherry! you're wearing PINK in all these pictures! :-) :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the guy wearing a sport coat and no pants!

Will You Forgive Me? said...

Is it true that it's a fashion nono to wear even a long shirt and shorts? I don't remember where I heard it, but I've been known to do it also and don't wanna be a stumbling block to anyone!? Great pics Sherry, hope adjusting is smooth!! Lifting you up.

Dan and Peyt

Anonymous said...

i don't like cats either--i am glad we have that in common:)
so great to see these pix!! i am really getting excited!