Sunday, April 27, 2008

6000 Camels and "ooh! snap dragon"

This weekend I went to a nearby city. Here are some pictures from my weekend....


Dying thread













anti-smoking add












For those of you who are wondering about the blog title....
we visited this nearby city with a group of 10 american women. We definitely attracted attention walking down the street. As we passed one particular shop the shopkeeper called out "6000 camels for you" to someone in the group. It was actually pretty funny. I guess it would be more flattering if we had not just walked up on a camel meat market with heads like this one hanging from the walls.




fun door





















cute old man












tannery














tannery












tailor






















guy sleeping next to taxi















one of many city gates













the palace












baking bread
















inside the oven



















incredible cous cous


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're having way too much fun with out me Sherry! Just can't wait to see you're new home :)