It has been a busy couple of weeks around here. Here are some highlights from my last couple of weeks....
I went and spent a day in the biggest city in the country. I ate some Finger Lickin' Good Chicken at KFC and went to a dance recital.
Djelaba Man
In Africa there is always room for one more!
Local Boys
Some friends from the States arrived a couple of weeks ago (and I actually DROVE them home from the airport and hour away... way scary).
I went and spent a day in the biggest city in the country. I ate some Finger Lickin' Good Chicken at KFC and went to a dance recital.
I spent a few days in a small village in the northern part of the country. There is no well in this city and water has to be brought in from a well that is almost three hours away! I stayed with a local family and spent my days making pottery, playing with kids and drinking tea with the neighbors.
Finger lickin' good!
Djelaba Man
Blue Door
One of the women from the village
In Africa there is always room for one more!
Local Boys
The Family Dog, Boba
Village kiddos

3 comments:
Dude, I totally rode in a van like that for almost three hours! Thankfully, I did get to ride in the front seat. Not so thankfully, there were four other people riding up there with me, and it was a standard! :)
I am pleased to hear you are doing well. I bet KFC was a welcome treat! We have gotten moved back to Atlanta and are now in the process of locating a new house.
Take care of yourself and know that we continue to lift you up daily!
Chris
makes me want to visit!
Post a Comment