Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Food, Fun and the 4th of July

So it has been a while since my last post. Sorry about that. Mostly, I have no idea what to write about. So.... if you have any questions you would like answered or pictures you would like to see, let me know!!! Here are a few pictures from my last few weeks.




My country is trying to modernize. This has a lot of interesting consequences and here is a fun one... a modern statue outside of the new National Bank Reserve




This is a new park in town... it is on top of a parking garage!!




This sign may not look that special but it really is! This is the first
handicapped accessible cafe in town!




This is the new outdoor mall! Isn't it great!


This is one of the new cafes that is about to open. It promises
American coffee and smoothies!!

Several people have asked about what I eat everyday. Most meals
look something like this.... lots of veggies!!

More food ....

For the 4th of July I headed to a nearby city with some friends. We had an American style 4th complete with pork hot dogs, baked beans, and mac and cheese!
This is my BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger... YUM YUM!!!


This is my new bike! I have been waiting to see some North African girls riding bikes around town and yesterday I saw two!!! I spent the morning at the bike shop getting everything set up and now I love my new bike! Her name is Foxy ( because that is what is written on the side)

No comments: